Monday, July 1, 2013

TEXTURED GREY with Gold & Periwinkle/Silver


Bon apres-midi! This Monday is a bit cloudy/rainy so I wanted to be as close to blanket burrito-ing myself on the couch as possible when I went out for classes today!
I decided to keep with the color-scheme of the weather and go grey.

Pairing a fuzzy textured top with loose sweat pants, I finished the outfit off with subtle yet noticeable gold accessories here and there.


Being a college student in Ann Arbor, it's difficult to find students who actually wear heels to class so I often like to substitute with comfortable flats.
I'm a metallic nut so of course when I saw these silver ballets I went right for them. Metallic shoes seem to go with almost everything from jeans with blazers, shorts with sweaters to skirts with blouses/maxi skirts. 


The heels I chose are very comfortable, soft periwinkle suede, which I thought added a nice color to the outfit without being too obnoxious (imagine yellow shoes).



I decided to just keep adding texture onto texture by taking my black and white tweed clutch along for the ride and slipping on a splash of orange with a gold buckle ring.


Outfit: 
Bottom: J.Crew old
Bag: Derek Lam Clutch
Shoes: Ballets from French Sole, Sandals from Gianvito Rossi
Accessories: Michael Kors necklace, bracelet and ring





Everyone should stay as comfortable as possible on dreary, rainy days, especially because there are studies that suggest the change in air pressure may cause our bones to ache a little. 
Regardless, it's important to wear clothing that makes your skin feel happy and in their comfort zone, which is why I searched a bit for....THIS:

People should choose clothing that is more dependent on their lifestyle. For rainy days with high humidity, linen has the highest "breathability" but at the cost of a high ability to wrinkle! 
Taking each fabric's pros and cons into account would help you choose your clothing much more practically, don't you think?
Hope everyone has a comfy Monday~
I am most definitely going for the big mug-o'hot chocolate tonight (I recommend you use soy or skim milk when you can)
Try this Spiced Soy Hot Chocolate, it's yummy:

No comments :

Post a Comment