Thursday, July 4, 2013

Lake Day: two-tone Dress & GLITTERED HEELS



Happy 4th of July!! I hope everyone is having/has planned a wonderful day full of BBQ-ing, cool beer cracking, wine sipping fun~
I have filled my morning with some much needed Finance homework so that I can enjoy a guilt-free evening.
The pictures today were taken at a lovely lake in Brighton, MI. 



The weather was absolutely beautiful and seeing the ducks, geese, fish, turtles and such really set a bird-chirping atmosphere.


You'll see that I have paired this spritely two-tone dress with both gold glitter heels as well as transparent jelly flats. I always like to have a pair on hand in case I feel like bounding around beautiful lakes like this.


The town surrounding the lake was ever so charming. I found this large cream bench in front of one of the stores that lined the main street, which was paved with bright red cobblestones!


I wanted to keep the outfit as simple as possible by adding a thin, chained belt to cinch in the waist ever so slightly and accessorizing with a harmless gold necklace and ring. To top it off, I popped on a pair of warm-hued Cat Eye Sunglasses.
I found the pearled clam concept of the ring to be absolutely charming.



Peering off the side of the bridge, I found these little guys spending their 4th of July relaxing on a Lily Pad.

Outfit:
Dress: Club Monaco
Shoes: Ivanka Trump
Accessories: Lulu Frost necklace, Noir seashell gold ring, Carven sunglasses


4th o'July NUTRITION TIPS:
Just a simple list of possible food alternatives that I would like to slip into your mind before you head to BBQs and feel overwhelmed by food:
1. Shrimp Skewers or Chicken Breast Kabobs (instead of BBQ-slathered Ribs)
2. Turkey or Salmon burgers (instead of Beef Cheeseburgers)
3. Salad tossed in oil vinaigrette w/Avocado and lemon juice (instead of Macaroni salad)
4. Sweet Potato salad w/cubes of Butternut Squash and Avocado (instead of Potato Salad)
5. Fruit Parfait: Greek Yogurt w/Fresh Fruit drizzled w/honey (instead of Soft Serve Ice Cream, heavy in cream)
6. Crisp Mojito (instead of high-sugar Daquiri/Margaritas)

Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great 4th of July!!









No comments :

Post a Comment