Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Black Sequins, EMBELLISHED CREAM & Reed Krakoff


Bon aprés-midi everyone!!
I decided to start this Tuesday off with a bold *bang* by topping off a cream colored ensemble with a flashy, sharp-shoulder, black, sequined blazer.


Even though these beautifully embellished shorts contributed their share of detail, I wanted to add more action to this monochrome look by strapping on a hearty, thick, rope belt.


The shade of my shoes were obnoxiously a different shade of cream but it had black piping! Thus, adding the black blazer seemed to organize the color scheme and synchronize the shoes into the look.



I'm not sure if it's noticeable, but I stuck my buggy cocktail ring from the previous post into my belt! 
At first I was carrying it around because I didn't want to get a tan line on my finger but my lovely photographer suggested that I temporarily hang it on my belt until we shoot. 
I found this to be a brilliant addition to the look and rest assure, I will definitely be using this "cocktail ring in belt" method of accessorizing in future posts!
If you're planning on trying this, be sure to place the ring in before you stick the end of the belt through the second loop (the one that's meant to secure the extra length of belt that hangs.)



These shoes are truly one of a kind. In my opinion, they are the perfect Spring/Summer shoes: comfortable heel and a beautiful, weave design for that natural look.
I'm sorry to say that it does not have an interior lining so the inside feels scratchy and uncomfortable initially.
I still love them.


This picture was taken with my feet in the air for you guys! :)




To end the post for this hot, humid day, is a therapeutic Fig Vanilla Latte that a dear friend Jannet bought for me at a local cafe called Songbird
She just recently introduced me to this place and i will certainly be going back for more so stay tuned for pictures of many unique, different healthy types of pastries and drinks~ I believe I will post an Earl Grey Raspberry Soda soon.



I almost forgot! 
Here is a delicious, simple and most importantly, quick fix up of ham and eggs!

When uploading a recipe, it's important to stay practical and remember that on a daily basis, not everyone can gather the multitude of ingredients needed to make those drool-worthy posts of food.
This is a real easy one by Georgia Johnson of http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com.

Here's a link to the recipe's page:

Enjoy! and I hope this makes the remainder of your Tuesday, if not just your dinner, a bit simpler.
Thank you for taking the time to read!!

Outfit:
Top: Banana Republic (old), Zara blazer
Bottom: Zara
Shoes: Reed Krakoff
Accessories: Kate Spade ring, Club Monaco belt,

No comments :

Post a Comment